Your first visit to our office will be approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. This visit will include a comprehensive oral exam, a full series of x-rays (if these have not been taken within the last 5 years), oral cancer screening, periodontal exam, TMJ evaluation, bite evaluation, and a consultation regarding your concerns and recommended treatment. One of our hygienists will then begin your cleaning, however, if your treatment is more complex it may be necessary to schedule a second appointment to complete.
When scheduling this appointment, please alert the office if you have any of the following:
- If you have any medical conditions, such as rheumatic fever, artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmur, mitral valve prolapse, etc.
- If your are on any medications such as blood thinners. Please bring a list of medications and dosages to your initial appointment.
- Any recent surgery
- Any dental insurance information.
- Any dental x-rays that you may have at another office. We would be glad to call them and have them transferred to our office.
- Patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.